I was interviewed on Emirates News for Dubai TV whilst visiting the United Arab Emirates last week to launch Booking Now & to do some local user research.
Thursday marked the US release of the app I’ve been working on with my team for the past months. I’l write about the app in some detail once the dust has settled, but wanted to just post some links of the fantastic coverage we’ve been receiving so far, along with our awesome TV commercials created in collaboration with Weiden+Kennedy, our ad agency.
- Booking.com’s App for Last-Minute Deals Will Probably Kill HotelTonight - Wired
- Booking Now app offers hotel reservations in 'just two taps - Mashable
- Booking.com Bets on Last Minute Travelers - CNBC
- Booking.com Tries to Personalize Hotel Choices With New App - Wall Street Journal
- Booking.com's new iOS makes adventuring at the last minute very easy - Coolhunting
- This app wants to be the hotel industry’s Uber - QZ
My second super-quick cover in a week. Does this herald a new and productive year of pissing about with my guitar and voice? Time will tell. This one is a cover of The Head & The Heart, my 7th most played artist of 2014. Don't let my bodge-job put you off, they're worth listening to.
Earls Barton, Northampton & Leicestershire
Looking back at Manhattan from the Brooklyn Bridge.
I get to see Bear's Den again next week. I hope they'll repeat the part of their performance at Bitterzoet a few months ago where they played an acoustic version of Bad Blood. It's a beautiful song. Dem harmonies.